Technology: Fired Google Employee: Losing My Job Taught Me My Identity Isn't My Job

Fired Google Employee: Losing My Job Taught Me My Identity Isn't My Job

Fired Google Employee

Ex-Google employee says getting fired taught her that her identity does not revolve around her job

In a recent LinkedIn post, an ex-Google employee shared her experience of getting fired and how it taught her that her identity does not revolve around her job.

The employee, who worked at Google for six years, said that she was "shocked and devastated" when she was let go. She had always been successful in her career and had never been fired before.

"I felt like a failure," she wrote. "I thought that my job was my identity, and without it, I was nothing."

However, the employee said that over time, she came to realize that getting fired was the best thing that ever happened to her. It forced her to confront her own identity and to realize that she was more than just her job.

"I realized that my worth is not determined by my job title or the company I work for," she wrote. "I am valuable because of who I am, not what I do."

The employee said that she is now happier and more fulfilled than she ever was at Google. She is now working on her own business and is pursuing her passions.

"I am grateful for the experience of getting fired," she wrote. "It taught me that I am stronger than I thought I was, and that my identity is not my job."

Conclusion

The story of this ex-Google employee is a reminder that our identity is not defined by our jobs. We are more than just our job titles or the companies we work for. We are valuable because of who we are, not what we do.

Getting fired can be a traumatic experience, but it can also be an opportunity for growth and self-discovery. If you have been fired, don't give up on yourself. Remember that you are valuable and that you have something to offer the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Up Coming Post

The Magic Number – New Research Sheds Light on How Often You Need To Exercise To Make It Worth It

New research from Edith Cowan University (ECU)  shows that a thrice-weekly, three-second maximum-effort eccentric bicep contraction signific...

Popular Post